COMPANY ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
Blenheim House Construction is committed to protecting the environment throughout all our business operations to ensure we reduce our impact on natural resources. We will actively manage the use of materials and wherever possible employ methods, systems and products to reduce our impact on the environment.
In particular we will:
- Educate our employees and subcontractors to ensure they are aware of our environmental commitment and they understand their environmental responsibilities
- Actively encourage employees and subcontractors to suggest environmental improvement initiatives
- Recycle waste materials where possible both on sites and in offices
- Use timber from sustainable and managed forests
- Liaise with the local community and minimise disturbance to our neighbours from our site activities
- Use biodegradable chemicals in cleaning operations and minimise the use of solvents
- Utilise methods to reduce our consumption of water and energy
- Efficiently manage delivery and transportation of materials, people and equipment
- Actively assist consultants, designers, subcontractors and Clients to select and use systems which reduce the impact of the whole project on the environment
- Use insulation materials produced using non-ozone depleting gases in their manufacture.
- Use environmentally friendly refrigerant systems
- Employ an Environmental Management Plan for each of our projects and undertake a specific review of the possible impacts and opportunities.
We will comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice and continuously seek to improve our environmental performance. We will review this policy on an annual basis or where operations significantly change.